Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hopeful-United We Stand

After watching the inauguration of President Obama today I am feeling hopeful for our great country. Weather or not you agree with his views, you must admit it is pretty cool to think how far this country has come. Only a short while ago everyone was judged only by the color of their skin not by what kind of a person they were. I am proud to live in a country that has made such huge strides to improve the way people are treated.

Now if President Obama can just turn around the economy, end the wars and keep all the other campaign promises he made, we just might be better off at the end of the 4 years the American voters have given him. I for one can't wait to see what happens next.

I know some people are scared or depressed that the other guy didn't win. I choose to recognize that the American voters made a choice and hope that it is a great one. "United We Stand" is the way I look at it.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hey, thanks for the milk advice:) He's doing better, so I haven't had to look for real milk yet, but if I need some I'll give you a call. We should get Riley and Charlie together some day after preschool--Charlie needs some friends who are boys:)