Tuesday, December 2, 2008

COOKIE EXCHANGE??

Ok so this isn't a typical cookie exchange.  I don't want you all to bake cookies and show up at my house.  What I want is new cookie recipes.  I always make the same ones.  Chocolate chip, snicker doodles, caramel bars and carrot/orange cookies. 

Instead of exchanging cookies I want to trade recipes with everyone.  So please post your favorite cookie recipes.  I want all of you to gain your allotted 5 pounds of holiday weight with me. 

Here is my all time favorite cookie recipe. 

CARAMEL BARS

caramel_bars 

I did not have a picture so I took this one off of the web. 

1 ½ Cups flour

1 ½ Cups oatmeal

1 ¼ Cups brown sugar

¾ tsp baking soda

¼ tsp salt

2 ½ sticks melted butter

1 package craft caramels

1 ½ Cups chocolate chips

8 tbsp milk

Mix together all but the last three ingredients. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture for the topping. Press remaining mixture into greased 9 X 13 pan.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

While that is baking mix caramels and milk, melt in microwave stirring frequently.

After the bottom layer is done baking sprinkle it with the chocolate chips, pour on caramel/milk mix, then sprinkle the reserved topping over it all.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Cool COMPLETELY before cutting or the caramel will run all over, or so I've been told.  I would never be in such a hurry to eat one that I would cut into them before they cooled.  I have more self control than that, most of the time.

Now it is your turn to wow me with your cookie recipes.  I want something new and out of the ordinary.  I challenge all of you to surprise me with your recipes. 

4 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

Oooh! I love this idea! I will post one as soon as I can. :)

Jaime said...

How fun! I will post when I get home this weekend!

Tiffany said...

Hi Megan. I found your blog through Latishas blog. Glad I found you! Your kids are beautiful! ~Tiffany (Tanner)Fellows

Julie said...

Great Idea... I will try and get on that one. But I am guessing it won't be till next week.