Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sewer issues

We are currently unable to use our bathrooms and kitchen. This afternoon one of the toilets plugged up, or so I thought. Then, a little while later one of the other toilets plugged up. Then, to my suprise, the bathtubs backed up. I will not give you any of the gross details about what keeps coming up in my bathtubs. Let me just say, I will be filling them with pure bleach for a few days before we will be using them again. We called the city and they came out and tried to unclog the line. Unfortunately, we can't find the clean outs for our house and we have no idea which way the line runs.

Without the use of the kitchen sink I did not cook dinner. The kids and I went to El Camino while Michael went to a planning and zoning meeting. When we got home I tried flushing one of the toilets and it worked. So we flushed another and it to worked. Yeah.

I decided I did not want to take the chance and flood the house, so I took the boys to grandma's to shower. Josh was finishing up taking out the trash, so I told him to come to grandma's when he was done. When he got there he told me that the bathtub in one bathroom was half way full and the toilet in the other was about to over flow.

I ran home to check, and sure enough there was water backing up into the house. Nothing has actually over flowed onto the floor, yet. But I had to take water out of one of the toilets so it did not spill out onto the floor. Yuck.

We have called the city, again and Smoke, the great guy that he is, went to city hall and figured out where our sewer line runs. They are currently working to unclog it. I am hope full that we will be able to flush a toilet again soon. If not we will be doing a lot of walking back and forth to grandma's house to use the facilities.

Some day we will look back at this and laugh right???

4 comments:

JC and Jen Young said...

You are a much more calm person then I would be that kinda stuff puts me over the edge not to metion Sadie and I have a horrible gagging problem! I feel so bad for you at lest your parents are close by!!!! Hope everything is running smoothly now

Maui Mamma said...

You will laugh someday. We had a like problem a few years ago in our house in Mesa. We installed a new water softner system and then Hoo Haa no place to pee. We owned 1.5 acres so scot peed outside. I couldn't decide if I wanted to pee outside or in the sink... neither was pleasant. We had Andy Hall fix it and he flung poo goo in our spare bathroom-walls ceiling and floor as well as drug the roto rooter down the cream carpet hall( having cream carpet and Scott is another story)

Julie said...

Haha,that is so gross! That happened to us when we lived in my grandparents apartment.. gross! However, yours sounds much worse than ours! We only had one toilet and one tub. I really hope for your sake and sanity that it gets fixed soon or is already fixed!

Dee Waite's said...

Hello there.....Cute blog and Family!!!!!