Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Midway and the zoo



The last day in San Diego we went and toured the Midway, a retired aircraft carrier. It has been turned into a floating museum.

When we got on board they gave everyone except Riley (he was to young) a set of head phones and a hand held guide. Michael and Riley went off on their own tour and Roxanne and I took the other 2 and did the self guided audio tour. It was pretty impressive.




Conner didn't really fit but he had to have his picture taken in this seat anyway.





There were retired planes and helicopters on the Midway. If I had not had dead batteries in my camera I probable would have had to take a picture of these two boys in front of each and every one. I doubt Grandma would have wanted to be in everyone.








This was the best part of the tour. The brig. I enjoyed taking this picture. I just hope they never really end up behind bars.










After we finished the Midway tour we took the boys to the San Diego Zoo. I didn't get any good pictures of the boys but I did get some of the animals. Here is my favorite. They are so cute even when they sleep.




We had a great spring break, we were all glad to get home to our own beds. The next day we woke up to this yuck. I want someone to bring back spring. Please?


1 comment:

tricia said...

Hi Megan, I enjoyed reading about your spring break. My sentiments exactly when we saw the white stuff coming down. Your boys are so cute.

Tricia Platt